If anyone plans to do a Goat farm project in a controlled and professional manner, Stall-fed method is the most practical and best method to follow.
In this method
- Goats are not allowed to graze in the outside. They are kept in a Shed (Ground level or Elevated Slotted level) separately depending upon the sex,Breed,Age,and Weight.
- Bucks (male goats) and Does (female goats) are kept in Separate rooms and allowed to mate at desired time with desired Bucks.
- Quantity and Quality of Feed can be differentiated according to the Stage and Nutritional Requirement of different age groups of goats.
- Wastage of energy during grazing is avoided.
- Disease transmission is prevented from outside animals and outside plants.