If anyone plans to do a Goat farm project in a controlled and professional manner, Stall-fed method is the most practical and best method to follow.
In this method
- Goats are not allowed to graze in the outside. They are kept in a Shed (Ground level or Elevated Slotted level) separately depending upon the sex,Breed,Age,and Weight.
- Bucks (male goats) and Does (female goats) are kept in Separate rooms and allowed to mate at desired time with desired Bucks.
- Quantity and Quality of Feed can be differentiated according to the Stage and Nutritional Requirement of different age groups of goats.
- Wastage of energy during grazing is avoided.
- Disease transmission is prevented from outside animals and outside plants.
Basic requirements to start a Stall fed goat farm:
- One acre agricultural land for every 20 to 40 goats for cultivating fodder
- Water, Electricity and Labour availability to cultivate fodder through out the year
- Investment capacity ranging from Rs.6 to 12 lakhs for 50 goat project
- A progressive mindset to adapt to latest scientific methods and technology
- Passion towards the business